Date: February 25, 2021 (Thursday)
Place: Virtual. Please use the registration link:
Registration: The convention runs from Feb 22-25. To attend only the Wine Grape session, choose ONE-DAY Pass ($60) OR if you wish to attend all or additional crop sessions choose Member Admission ($120).
Pesticide Credits: CORE (up to 3 credits) and Private Applicator category credits expected. More details on how to get credits will be coming soon.
Morning Session (9:15 AM – 11:45 AM)
- Delayed Pruning and Chemical Products: Can they Reduce Frost Damage in Vineyard?
- Panel Discussion – New Jersey Grape Growers Response to Frost Events
- Preventing Herbicide Drift and Injury to Grapevines
- Wine Grape Varieties for North New Jersey
- Alternative Wine Grape Varieties to Consider
Lunch Session: (12 Noon – 1:00 PM, 2 CORE credits)
- Respiratory Protection Requirements of WPS-Labeled Pesticides. Pat Hastings Session will highlight the requirements of the federal WPS and New Jersey Worker Protection regulations covering use of respirators for pesticide application
Afternoon Session (1:00 PM – 3:30 PM)
- Understanding Risk and Evaluating Growing Practices in the Face of Emerging Invasive Pathogens.
- Application of CRISPR-Gene Editing to Improve Grape Disease Resistance
- Spotted Lantern Fly Update
- Pesticide Safety and Regulation Update for 2021 (1 CORE credit)
For other information, please contact Session Chair Hemant Gohil at 856-418-6538 or firstname.lastname@example.org