The mission of the New Jersey Center for Wine Research and Education is to facilitate the growth and development of the New Jersey wine industry by nucleating and coordinating broadly based research and educational programs.
One of the main purposes of the wine center is communicating current, science-based information to wine industry members.
Another purpose is connecting grape growers and winemakers to industry goods and services. The wine center promotes viticultural and enological research and education throughout the region by convening committee meetings for affiliates and advisory board meetings for industry members as well as hosting workshops and conducting research.
There are valuable resources on this website, including:
- An Interactive Map of New Jersey Wineries and Viticulture Areas (see instructions on the Online Site Selection Tools page);
- Grape growing and winemaking recommendations and technical tools;
- Statewide regulations for vineyards and wineries;
- An exchange platform for commercial grape and wine producers;
- A blog and news links related to wine industry research; and
- Educational opportunities related to viticulture and enology for students and educators.
The New Jersey Center for Wine Research and Education is an organization within the Rutgers New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station. This center was established in 2014 to address New Jersey wine industry needs pertaining to research, education, and outreach. This center is designed to engage wine industry members and educate the public about grape growing and winemaking in New Jersey. We hope that you find the resources available on this website to be useful, informative, and relevant to your needs. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A special thanks to our partners, the Wine Industry Advisory Council and the Outer Coastal Plain Vineyard Association. These organizations helped provide the funding needed to make the resources available on this website possible.